Friday, May 7, 2010

Fate

My birthday is August 3rd so my astrological sign in Leo. I think that occasionally horoscopes are correct, but I don't think it's set in stone what will happen. However, my astrological sign is pretty accurate.
Leos born on August 3 have star quality. Like most people who have an extroverted nature, they are talkative and friendly. They also are extremely ambitious. They work tirelessly toward their goals and do whatever they can to better themselves. They possess great personal charm and are deeply committed to causes that benefit others. They also make exceptional actors, teachers, media personnel, and lawyers.
I think this paragraph actually sums up a lot about my personality. I'm fairly outgoing and I like to do whatever I can to reach my goals. Also, when I was younger all I wanted was to be an actress, and I was recently thinking about maybe being a lawyer like my parents so it's interesting that was in there.
The idea of a pre-determined fate is constantly coming up in Romeo and Juliet starting in the very beginning with the prologue forshadowing their death. Romeo almost uses fate as an excuse when he says, "This day's black fate on more days doth depend. This but begins the woe others must end." (3.1.124-125) Anything could happen and Romeo could use fate as his reasoning. I think Romeo and Juliet put too much faith in fate and believe there's nothing they can do to change the path they are on, but if they only did something they might be able to avoid death.

No comments:

Post a Comment