Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Conclusion

To be honest, when we first started doing these blogs I didn't like them at all. I forgot about them until the night they were due, and they just seemed like a hassle that wasn't worth my time. However, once we started getting prompts where we had to write more as a storyteller, like "Life Lessons" and "Earliest Memory" I began to really like blogging. I also really had fun with the blogs where we had to be a little more creative and find pictures or quotes that had to do with the books we were reading.
It is obvious how much my reading comprehension has improved this year by looking back on my past blogs. At the beginning of the year it seemed that the only literary devices I could pick out of a book were imagery and metaphors. As the year went on I began to analyze more difficult things like motifs and symbols, and really think deeper about what I was reading. My blogs reflect how much I have learned this year because they improved in quality quite a bit most weeks.
I think the main things these blogs helped with was taking me deeper into thought about essays and assignments. When we had to write about what we need to work on in our essays it really made something click in my head and I think from now on I won't make those mistakes as much. Blogs have forced me to really focus, like when we had to find a picture to go with Great Expectations I had to really understand the novel to connect it with an image.
A quote I found that relates to my blogs this year is, "I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma," -Eartha Kitt. My blogs improved time after time and even when I was satisfied with my ideas and work, the blogs made me re-think it and continue revising it. They have helped me connect books and literature with my own life and other things in the real world. The blogs have been a great help for me this year and I am really glad we did them!

No comments:

Post a Comment